Friday, March 13, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

I recently woke up craving pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I'd never had it before but the flavor combination sounded amazing. I looked online and, low and behold, I found lots of recipe options. This one from www.food.com looked the best so I tried it. Wow. It's so good. This is what I'm making for all of our neighbors for Christmas.
 

Ingredients 
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin 
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 2 1/2 cups flour 
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg 
  • 3/4 teaspoon clove 
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon 
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I love dark chocolate chips in this recipe)

 
Directions
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Stir chocolate chips into dry mixture.
4. In separate bowl stir eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin together.
5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and still until just combined.
6. Divide batter equally into the two loaf pans.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. 
 
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment