Thursday, October 21, 2010

Easy Brisket

My friend Katie Sheedy gave me this recipe and it seemed too good to be true. Four ingredients. Crock pot for 8 hours. Too good to be true? No - this is one of those recipes you come along once in a life time and you hold on to it...or you post it on your blog. :)

Ingredients
Brisket (I use a trimmed brisket and then trim the rest of the fat myself)
1 package of taco seasoning (I use the low sodium version and it is still wonderful)
1 can of hot Rotel
1 can of original Rotel
1 or 2 onions (optional, but a great addition if you are making brisket tacos or quesadillas with the meat)

Directions
Put the whole brisket in the crock pot. Add the taco seasoning and two cans of Rotel. I mix the ingredients around a little but I don't think you have to. Then you can cook it for 8 hours on low or 4 on high.

Its that simple and its amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment